Top Goals: NFT mints, Fiat buys, New users. To thrive as a platform, we must achieve 20% monthly growth per Market-Product-Team Fit. In this Q3 and Q4, rather than spreading thin, the team needs a single focus and going deep. Our theses are:
- NFT Mints. Primary sales of tokens are the most disruptive use case of blockchains. These sales as fundraising are also the most critical driving force of a new market. For examples, network tokens for funding protocols in 2017 and 2018, governance tokens for decentralized finance in 2020, non-fungible tokens for community engagements in 2021, and land tokens for Metaverse games in early 2022. We claim that NFT mints for artists, musicians, writers, athletes and performers will soon dominate the Web3 market as the creator economy. These mints are mostly intended for true fans to be funding creators with social collectibles rather than for secondary sales or speculative investments.
- Fiat Buys. An ecosystem grows by inflow of assets and by layering of services. For example, NBA Top Shot basketball NFT purchases were through credit cards, and exchanges heavily promote recurring buys through small but regular bank withdrawals. Users must deal with fiat gateways, bank limits, regional restrictions… as well as wallet custody and security. Native Web3 products, however, must use tokens as utility and incentives. Users must also deal with stablecoins, token conversions, bridging assets across networks… as well as treasury dashboard and portfolio management. We claim that solving these challenges for fiat buys and token management will be our most critical customer service.
- New Users. Anyone can participate in the Web3 economy but only tens of millions users so far. Hundreds of millions are creating content, commerce, games from the support of merely a thousand of true fans each. In contrast, tractions on decentralized finance and profile-picture NFT are mostly limited to crypto natives or influencers. We claim that, by onboarding a creator via new campaigns, many of their community will be joining our platform. For fast iteration, our focus should be creators with monthly production and consumers with weekly engagement – such as musicians on iterative mixes or writers on regular newsletters.
- Schedule, Tiger Team, Proposed Initiatives, Discussion, Open Tasks, Market Fit
- Platforms: Immutable X as Layer-2 NFT, Near’s Organic Growth, Solana’s NFT Rises
- Verticals: Music, Writers, Social, Creators, Athletes, Games | Financialization, Communities
- Research: Market Opportunities, Marketplaces, Investment Reports, User Adoption
… if you still believe those theses are true. Is the centralized world still crumbling (1), does web3 offer an optimistic bet on the future (2), are the building blocks of the new frontier (Bridges, DAOs, NFTs) still worthy of large investments during the next installation phase (3), will it be easier to find fundamentally strong projects in the next down cycle (4), is there still abundant capital available to fund everything interesting (5), and do you still believe the high-water marks are attainable in a 5-10 year timespan (6)?
- NFT.NYC (6/18 Sat — 6/25 Sat): Partners pipeline and followup with Leo, Peter, Danny, Sahil, Vera, Zi, Hochung, Paola, Darren, Eric, Jacky, Devin, Kayla, Jackie.
- July Sprint (7/11 Mon — 7/16 Sat): NFT Products, Fiat Onboarding, User Analytics.
- ETH.CC (7/14 Thur — 7/23 Sat): Partner showcases and artist pipeline with Zi, Paola, Eric, Abhi, Michael.
- Executives in Office: Mon-Sat 10am-8pm. (Also Demetre, Tim, Daine, Yuqi.)
Tiger Team are come work in Palo Alto office for two weeks (Mon-Sat 10am-8pm) under the direct guidance of founder Stephen Tse. The first session is 7/6 Wed – 7/23 Sat (18 days), while the second session is 9/12 Mon – 9/24 Sat.
We’ve missed the perfect market timing or team expertise for DeFi and DAO in Q2. Let’s do better in Q3! Sahil and Eric will closely collaborate with us on NFT; Richard and Sammy have vertical-specific partnership experience; Jack and Brian can drive all internal initiatives toward NFT-related campaigns and products.
The proposed initiatives below are the first draft based on our current team skills and ecosystem opportunities. We need more input from managers and individuals, measuring growth metrics along the way, to narrow down further.
Estimated total Q3 Spending: $5M cash + $10M 6-month vesting tokens (unlocked by 2023 Jan 1st).
- Leo, _: Port Immutable X’s Layer-2 NFT minting SDK
- Ganesha, Aaron, Bruce: Trustless Bridge for NFT to OpenSea minting
- Leon Do, _: Game SDK with NFT minting
- Rongjian, _: Verified randomness for NFT minting
- Jenya, Victa: NFT tools (more Explorer support)
- Xiaopeng, *Jacky: NFT derivatives for royalties
- Hakwan, Cathie: Koh Wei Jie’s ZKP NFT Drop
- Michael Feng, Eddie: NFT liquidity and trading bots
- Zi, Paola: Mobile NFT minting on 1Wallet
- Eric, Zi: Dynamic 3D avatars as NFT, DNA3 (Product landscape)
- Dionysis, *Angelo, Andrianna, Orfeas: NFT Protect against stolen art (press), NFT as loan collaterals (audit)
- Brian F, Mikey: True 100 fans for Top 100 musicians for $10K NFT drops, Economics for social NFT (ShowMe)
- _, Tom: Instant NFT buy with Alchemy Pay and other fiat gateways
- Tom, _: Fiat $20 buy and Proof-of-Attendance (POAP) for TGI and events
- Demetre, Mikey, Eddie, Francisco: “Copy Room” minter for business cards, brochures, flyers; prototype by 7/8.
- Demetre, Eddie: Develop native token gating system to compliment marketplaces and 1Wallet after artist onboarding. (Starting 7/9)
- Jacky, Jessi: Derivative artwork and licensing for NFT, mondayape.xyz.
- Jackie, Edison: NFT sales for mini WebXR games.
- Daniel, Kelly: NFT report with Messari, value propositions, industry reports, case studies
- _, Nina: Onboarding tutorials on buying, selling and storing NFT
- AI, Demetre: Launch major campaigns with Binance NFT
- Peter, Sam: Co-campaigns with (DeFi Kingdom), DeFira, Evoverse
- Matty, Demetre: Onboard 100 artists and songwriters in Nashville to MADNft and private authorship verification collections. Multi-city Summer NFT Stampede with eligible Guild members. 7/22 – 9/11: 10 creators per week, and onboard to 1Wallet ad-hoc.
- Bryan, Kelly: Value proposition for corporate enterprises.
- Vera, _: Apes Community
- Sammy, Adrian: Launch $10K Music NFT Sales with G via 1MusicDAO
- Peter, Sam: $10K land or item NFT sales with 3 Unity games
- Jack, _: $10K NFT sales from each of 100+ grantees and 50+ investments
- Giv, _: Support for Music NFT, Podcast/Report with Delphi Digital
- Rachel, Devin: $5K NFT sales from each of 30+ DAOs
- George, Adrian: NFT mints at festival (Aug 20 – 21) with 1Wallet
- Jay P: OneOf for music NFT.
- MAD | NFT (v2 deployment early July): _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
- tofuNFT: _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
- Cathie: zkPhotos (testnet): _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
- Multichain NFT Bridge: _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
- ShowMe: _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
- Blockperks: _ artists, _ monthly users, $_ sales.
An asterick * indicate a confirmed attendees to July onsite.
- Core: *Adrian, *Danny, Matty, *Essa
- Technical: *Bruce, (Semar), Eddie, (Casey)
- Products: Eric, *Demetre, *Stephanie, *Devin, *Jeremy, *Amy
- Marketing: *Darren, Kelly, Paola, *Matthew, *Timothy, *Daine
- Partnership: Sammy, *Suede, *Kayla, Juan, *Novell, *Mikey
- Investor/Community relations: *Bryant, *Al, Liang
- Local Core: *Stephen, *Rongjian, Leo, *Li, *Ganesha, Sam, Giv, Jack, Daniel, *Tom
- Local Fellows: *Zi, Richard G, Rachel, Aaron, Dionysis
- Local Friends: Sahil, Vera, Kai, Henry, Jackie, Edison, Shamir, Jacky, (Alan C), Richard Y, Kushagra, Joel
- Remote Core: Peter, Hakwan, Brian
- Remote Fellows/Contributors: Leon, Hashmash, Xiaopeng, Amanda, Flu, George, Garrick, Rob, Yi
- Remote Friends: Hochung, David K
- ☁️Giv: What are our success metrics? Can we work backwards from desired metrics such as user growth, transactions, total value locked?
- We need more and real-time data (see some /sprint) to model and track these top goals: NFT sales, Fiat buys, Engaged community.
- ☁️Giv: There are a lot of initiatives above. If we focus on everything we will again spread ourselves too thin. By 7/1 can we narrow down to just a few focused areas? If so, what is our criteria for selection? 🎽🎤
- Yes, we must be laser focus. Currently we have very diverse and organic initiatives on /6. The proposed initiatives above are our first draft based on the current understanding of team skills and partnership opportunities. We need more input from managers and individuals, measuring impact metrics along the way, to narrow down further.
- ☁️Giv: It doesn’t seem like any of the items under Technical will move the needle (see success metrics question) since they are NFT toolings and primitives. How will we benefit from them within Q3?🔭
- Leo and Ganesha will brainsform for more NFT technical innovations that are ready in Q3.
- 🚜 Demetre: If we’re allocating technical resources, we’ve drafted a Harmony native minter dApp that we’re dying to get functional by mid-July to aid in multiple initiatives, including an NFT onboarding sprint and the ability to transform our promotion/communication efforts into user onboarding opportunities. Success metric = new wallet addresses with at least one HRC-20 or HRC-721. See below:
The Copy Room
- ☁️Giv: I’m not seeing any marketplace partnerships. This seems like the easiest way to mint and launch NFT campaigns. Can we accelerate NFTrade port? Number 6 marketplace.
- We need more market research on the success of Solana’s Magic Eden: from DappRader’s reports, onboarding tutorials, and its earlier development.
- ☁️Giv: Assuming we have built and delivered products, will there be enough user adoption during a bear market? NFT prices/activity have dropped in a major way.
- In any market, we must build toward that with the “most adoption”, hence the market-product-fit. So far, comparable platforms such as Immutable ($2.5B private valuation in March) and Near ($2.5B valuation on 6/15) still have plenty of traction with NFT.
- 🌲Sam: Are the top goals for this project the right goals for ensuring success for the Harmony protocol? “NFT Sales” will not generate the level of transactions that we will need for long term stability. “Fiat buys” - while increasing demand for the token - also is unlikely to create that positive ecosystem flywheel that we need. While “Community engagement” is good - the community has made their voice fairly clear that the direction we started moving in a week or two ago (RPC Cost Reduction, Trustless Eth Bridge, User Adoption) was the correct move.
- Not just our community of developers and investors, but fans communities of artists, musicians and athletes. See “To create cooperation for global communities, and scale their digital economies” on /333.
- 🌲Sam: Are we looking at NFTs to replace Gaming and DeFi as the single adoption stream? Why the shift? NFT purchases tend to be driven more by FOMO and speculation historically. The current market wouldn’t support the needed level of emotional purchases to drive our success metrics.
- Peter and Sam will still lead gaming separately as a guild, while Jack and Demetre on DeFi. As a whole team focus, NFT is more ready for Q3. In comparison, we started Game Initiative around Game Developer Conference in March, but the first 10k users for our new Unity games on mainnet likely won’t arrive until late Q4. Both our games and DeFi can have support and sales with NFT; see the tasks on land sales and NFT as loan collaterals above.
- See some real adoption for NFT in the markete research above: NFT Market in Q1, Immutable X as Layer-2 NFT, Music NFT.
- 🛹Peter: “$100K land or item NFT sales with 3 Unity games” - bad timing. People have run out of liquidity and the Harmony audience buys at a much lower price point than the Ethereum community. For example, rocket monsters sold land at 300 ONE each. To hit $100,000 we would need to sell 12,500 parcels of land. i’m not being negative, but I just don’t see it happening in this market.
- Indeed we must adjust our expecations along the way, but each of our initiatives and partners should drive some NFT adoption. What can be the total NFT presale target in Q3 for all Unity games we are engaging?
- 🦒Brian: There are many excellent, thoughtful comments in this thread and I am reaching out to many of the team to focus efforts. Many echoed my thoughts, and I can’t add a line to this page, but I will note to Peter’s point here, that one of our partners, a metaverse designer under Animoca, has experienced the challenges of releasing NFTs in this market: a huge brand of theirs launched on OpenSea yesterday and was a huge disappointment to them. They also point to the fact that launching an NFT is easy, but maintaining a community and roadmap is hard, as is evidenced by Floyd Mayweather's release. Like you, they point to the importance of entertainment, but also add fashion rather than athletics to that. Still, they say that it's tough timing now unless you have a strong brand or IP with a story. The good news is that this is achievable in a shorter timeframe, with our infrastructure, focused marketing, and strong bizdev.
- 🛹Peter: Our partner [XX] is doing a series of shows all throughout South East Asia and the Philippines and a tour in the USA. That can be a great opportunity for Zi and 1Wallet NFT activations. We need to pick a thesis. Here’s what I think we should do instead - focus on a vertical. For example:
- 1Wallet NFT activations with [XX]’s
- Create NFT Music-only marketplace
- See above – George, Adrian: NFT mints at festival (Aug 20 – 21) with 1Wallet.
- The challenge of music NFT as a single vertical focus is the current market size: $76M vs $3B for arts and $1.6B for games; see NFT Market in Q1 at the bottom. But contrast that with some key insights and growth of Music NFT at the very bottom here.
- Yes, we must narrow down further; see some answers to Giv’s similar question.
This gives us some focus and a chance. In the theory of marketplaces, it starts out very general, then aggregated, then very niche. For example, Opensea ⇒ Gem ⇒ but there’s no clear leader yet on specific NFT niche verticals.
- Exactly, it is the relentless seek of market fit as a startup. We need more research on which area of NFT to narrow down the focus – yes! the sharper, the better. It could have been games or even metaverse NFT, as the data for Q4 last year and Q1 this year had shown. Critically, the choice of focus depends on the team skills, re-purposing our current product offerings (3d avatars, cross-chain bridges, non-custody wallets), and exisiting partners.
- Indeed – from now many of us must, per Open Tasks, ...
- 🚜Demetre: I spent enough gas on NFTs in 2021 to buy a used Camry. Harmony is in prime position to dominate grassroots indoctrination for low-barrier fan engagement.
- Glad we are asking everyone to jump on! We should definitely be building an end-to-end onboarding both for independent artists as well as larger networks.
- Exactly, hence the multiple proposed tasks above under “Marketing”, especially: Daniel, Kelly: NFT report with Messari, value propositions, industry reports, case studies.
- Since very early, we are committed to “To Scale Trust and Create a Radically Fair Economy”. That means building a decentralized, scalable and secure blockchain to settle any transactions without trusted parties. Specifically, ”To build tools and users for developers, bring the best research to production, and scale digital economies among communities.”
- At both May’s offsite and June’s onsite, the team agreed on narrowing initiatives and driving user growth. Since just a few weeks ago, the market has drastically changed and our project resources has significantly dropped. With Q3 on NFT as a whole team initiative, we can re-align everyone’s skills and make bigger impact together.
- Yes, we must improve both our internal as well as external communication. The tradeoff is tough. Having 67 extended teammates commit a new message before publishing takes weeks; but, the community also demands updates almost every day. We must do better with our public content, and respond properly to social media. At the same time, much like open source and Ethereum projects, we must not hide our development process or content in progress. In contrast to a few negative feedbacks and misunderstandings, many of our partners and friends have jumped on to help this initiative (and many others in the past) within days because all content is open.
- Study our nft ecosystem (tools & projects) to understand how they are doing (sales, txns), what are they missing, and make concrete plans on how we can help them.
- Telegram group with all NFT ecosystem representatives to directly listen to their issues, resolve them, set expectations, and figure out how to collaborate better. 🎽: Harmony mints.
- Build analytics/dashboards tracking data of marketplaces & projects.
- Pursue missing tools/projects and make them launch on harmony (see solana nft ecosystem tools).
- Make explorer nft friendly. 🎽
- 1wallet (web, mobiles) ready for nft.
- Get artists/brands/partners (should be decent, low-key artists no good) to do nft drops (the tooling & experience should be fixed before this).
- ☁️Giv: I will prioritize the list here along with the Proposed Initiatives above.
- Indeed – from now many of us must, per Open Tasks, ...
- We must merge more workstreams but initially each is starting from their current expertise, hence: “Leo, _: Port Immutable X’s Layer-2 NFT minting SDK” versus “Leon Do, _: Game SDK with NFT minting”.
- True, the proposed initiatives above are our current workstreams to be re-aligned. Hence, “Do whatever is required to get to product/market fit. Including changing out people, rewriting your product, moving into a different market.”
- Full list on an internal Airtable. Curating a short list here.
- Per Tiger Team above, …
- Create the facility to make NFTs "fungible" on Harmony (fungibilization mechanism).
- Create the facility to "fractionalize" NFTs on Harmony. (these two points involve porting existing projects from Ethereum to Harmony, e.g., NFTx, and adapting them appropriately)
- Look into cross-chain "wrapping" and movement of NFTs across chain, for example between Ethereum and Harmony through the existing mechanisms that Harmony employs, but also more trustless mechanisms that could inspire trust in the community.
- Investigate the current NFT marketplace situation on Harmony, ensure this is usable and people can use it on-chain and off-chain as necessary, porting any technologies that may be useful to have.
Immutable X as Layer-2 NFT Platform
Delivering A World-Class Developer Experience
At Immutable, we are incredibly passionate about developer experience. Developers power our protocol by creating the content, marketplaces, apps, and tools at the heart of the Immutable ecosystem -...
Our team has decided that the next piece of our developer experience suite will be a developer dashboard where developers can get information about their project performance and registration information. This dashboard will initially solve the key problems projects currently experience: 1. API Key management; 2. Project and Collection Registration; 3. Metadata Recrawling. In the future, we will introduce analytics into this dashboard so that developers can have a single view of how their project is performing and how users are interacting with their NFTs.
Our APIs have been consistently performant and reliable. However, they haven’t always been fit for purpose for specific use cases, particularly for those seeking to maintain rollup or order book state independently. Various marketplaces and utility tool makers have expressed the difficulty in polling our public APIs to sync blockchain state and how inefficient the process is. There are a few examples of this:
- We don’t expose an endpoint that enables developers to get a transaction by its ID.
- To get all actions on Immutable X (as a block explorer like Immutascan might desire), you’d have to poll five endpoints (v1/mints, v1/transfers, v1/deposits, v1/withdrawals, v1/trades) using timestamp as a filter and then normalise this information into a format that enables per transaction querying.
- We don’t support event streaming, websockets, webhooks or any pattern but polling to synchronise state.
Top Immutable X Dapps | DappRadar
Browse through top Immutable X dapps, ranked by specific metrics like daily users, daily volume and more
Immutablex sales volume data, graphs & charts / CryptoSlam!
Track Immutablex historical sales volume growth over time. Monthly and daily aggregated sales totals.
immutable X latest news and articles | DappRadar Blog
A collection of articles related to immutable X
Welcome | Immutable X Documentation
Immutable X is a next-generation protocol for trading Ethereum NFTs. It gives users instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees - without compromising user custody. Immutable and StarkWare partnered to create Immutable X, combining StarkWare's world-class layer-2 scaling knowledge with Immutable's deep understanding of the NFT space.
Immutable X uses a ZK rollup: we take thousands of off-chain trades, generate a proof that these trades were all valid (i.e. the users who owned the assets signed the trades), and then publish that proof on-chain, where it is verified by a smart contract.
During this process, the on-chain user assets are held in the smart contract, and can only be released after a valid proof, including them, has been published in a batch.
The Immutable X stack consists primarily of: the ZK-Rollup scaling engine, Link UI, and the APIs. Together, these components lower the barriers of entry in the NFT space for developers and users, enabling instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and gas-free minting and trading — all without compromising user custody.
Near’s Organic NFT Growth
NFTs on NEAR: Where Will NFTs Go Next?
For a relatively new type of digital asset, non-fungible tokens, have permeated the mainstream at an incredibly fast rate. After Christie's auction of Beeple's "Everydays - The First 5000 Days" NFT in 2021, other artists like Pak and Roger Kilimanjaro followed with their own major NFT sales.
Naksh Marketplace is an Indian NFT platform on NEAR that caters to artists and artisans from across the country. The app works with artists from parts of India where blockchain technology is not commonly known or used. The marketplace helps these artists digitize their work and showcase it as NFTs.
NFTs on NEAR: A Deep Dive into Paras
Paras, an NFT marketplace for digital art cards, is one of the most active communities within the NEAR ecosystem. What began as a decentralized social media platform is now a vibrant mecca for crypto art. Everything from one-off artworks to themed series can be found on Paras.
The number of artists and collectors using Paras has grown exponentially in the last year, thanks to the low-cost of minting artworks on NEAR. Paras now boasts 90K registered users, 20K of which are regular users. Together, 12K artists and 50K collectors have generated approximately $18 million in artwork sales.
Earlier this year, Paras launched NFT staking for the $PARAS token. Created as a utility token back in September 2021, $PARAS’s use cases include an exclusive pass to future deals and events, as well as for DAO governance.
A quick glance at Paras reveals an NFT marketplace that doesn't look like others of its kind. Most markets, especially the larger ones on Ethereum, allow users to upload just about anything. It's a constantly-churning flow of media, with an array of artistic styles and formats.
Solana’s Magic Eden Rises
Magic Eden | DappRadar
Building the biggest and most liquid NFT marketplace globally and home to the next generation of digital creators.
STEPN Sprinting Away - Delphi Digital
MAY 04, 2022 * 8 Min Read MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM HOLD GMT. THIS STATEMENT IS INTENDED TO DISCLOSE ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND SHOULD NOT BE MISCONSTRUED AS A RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE ANY TOKEN. THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON IT.
Layer-1 of The Rising Sun: Solana NFTs
While Solana's initial dreams have been to compete with Ethereum within the DeFi realm, it has already started to branch its scalable tentacles into other Ethereum dominated sectors, specifically NFTs. As the Solana ecosystem continues to expand, NFTs on Solana have similarly witnessed formidable growth as a category.
Interestingly, the average Ethereum NFT sale price in October was $3,147 while the average Solana NFT sale price in the same month was $1,097.
Additionally, Ethereum’s NFT ecosystem saw 132,879 unique buyers and 101,920 unique sellers while Solana clocked 48% of Ethereum’s unique buyer numbers and over 68% of the unique sellers.
NFT Q1'22 Market Rundown
The first quarter of 2022 saw a record-high $10 billion in secondary sales volume. Ethereum still dominates the NFT secondary market with ~84% of the NFT secondary volume or $8.5 billion in sales throughout Q1'22 Immutable X reported $70 million in NFT volume over the past 60 days, predominantly from GaryVee's new NFT project.
The first quarter of 2022 saw a record-high $10 billion in secondary sales volume.
The top six NFT platforms were responsible for 98% of the volume.
More recently, the NFT market has seen a proliferation of niche NFT marketplaces including music (i.e., Sound and Catalog), photography (e.g., Sloika), and digital land (e.g., MetaHood).
What's Next for Creator Platforms? Learning to Sell
If there's one main idea driving excitement in the "creator economy," it's this: Creators with large audiences on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube could generate orders of magnitude increases in revenue if they had better ways to charge fans for content directly, rather than relying on ads or merch sales.
A Glimpse Into The Leading Categories Within The Deca-Billion NFT Industry
According to NFT analytics platform NFTGO the NFT market capitalization exceeds 15 billion or around 1% of crypto's two trillion dollar industry.
A Short, Non-Fungible Story
Data is just a story waiting to be told. One aspect about data that I love is that it can tell stories of the past, the present, and opens the mind to the potential stories of the future. Let's start with the past.
Crypto Will Value The Long Tail of Intangible Assets
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) provide an opportunity to turn intangible assets into programmable assets on permissionless blockchains. The largest category of intangible assets is intellectual property (IP) and over the coming decade, a large portion of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, and copyright) will move on-chain.
There are several early experiments within the non-fungible token space specifically in regards to the creation of images, music (EulerBeats), videos, gifs, and memes. Additionally, domain names are one of the largest digitally native intangible assets and are already being ported over to Ethereum with ENS (Ethereum Name Service), Unstoppable Domains as well as other blockchains like Handshake.
The NFT Canon is a go-to resource for artists and creators, developers, corporations and institutions, communities and other organizations seeking to understand or do more with non-fungible tokens.
Projects or assets that are related to NFTs (i.e. gov tokens, game platform token, social tokens etc).
$13M Grants & Bounties on NFT
Harmony aims to boost consumer adoption by developing cross-chain NFT protocols, tools and services. Below are $13M grants and bounties for building the platform, community, reputation, curation, financial, and markets of our NFT ecosystem.
Creators, Communities, and the Gray Space in the Middle - Nichanan Kesonpat
Interviewer: "it's just a tool though isn't it?" David Bowie: " No, no, it's an alien life form" That was Bowie in 1999 presciently describing what the internet was going to mean for the music industry. Specifically, how it was going to change the relationship between artists and their audiences.
Multicoin Capital: Beyond Verticalization of NFT Marketplaces
Why is the UX of OpenSea and Magic Eden generally the same (discovery on homepage, basic set of linear filters on the left side of collection pages, same search presentation, etc.)?
There are two common places that tie these hangout spaces together: games themselves, and NFT marketplaces. People chat about the games mostly outside of the game, and then go into the games to play. Similarly, they learn about what NFT communities are doing on social channels, then go to NFT marketplaces to complete a transaction. Communities are unlikely to ever congregate in one place. At a minimum, there will always be a Twitter-style global stream that is not community specific. And so communities will want to embed their marketplaces in a Twitter-like product, in addition to Reddit-like and Discord-like products. It’s therefore paramount that the NFT marketplace that powers these communities is API-first. It should be a marketplace that’s intended to live within other user interfaces from chat to livestream to dedicated two-dimensional HTML.
Analyst Notes: Coinbase NFT Advantages
Coinbase's NFT platform aims to differentiate from existing platforms by combining a marketplace experience with social media features. Coinbase - and centralized NFT exchanges - will have significant advantages when it comes to capital, custody, distribution, brand, IP and partnerships, and vertical integrations.
Nifty Gateway has largely succeeded because of its access to Gemini’s userbase. Coinbase will inevitably convert some portion of their current consumers into NFT degens.
More than wallet integration, Coinbase will have the potential to leverage its existing infrastructure (e.g., bank account integrations, node infra, custody, payments, etc.) to build a robust platform for the entire NFT lifecycle.
SuperRare: Investing In The Digital Renaissance
Obtaining broad exposure to digital (crypto) art has similarly been challenging since most platforms don't have publicly traded equity or tokens. Purchasing art (NFTs) from these platforms is the predominant form of exposure to this emerging asset class of art. That is, until now.
The NFT Mint 'Sweet Spot': Data on Early Decisions | Andreessen Horowitz
offer a new way to earn a living online. The technology, which has directly several applications, allows creators to appeal for patronage - without having to rely only on extractive, ad-based, centralized platforms as intermediaries.
Investing in Bitski | Andreessen Horowitz
Why shouldn't buying NFTs be as easy as buying a t-shirt or in-game items with my credit card? Why shouldn't selling one as part of a brand be as easy as setting up a Shopify store? NFTs represent one of the most exciting evolutions of the internet.
NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens) Marketplaces | DappRadar
NFT Marketplaces rankings and analysis. Find non-fungible token trading volumes, number of traders per marketplace and more key metrics.
NFT Industry Research Report - HashKey
Panoramic analysis of NFT ecology: applications, development prospects and investment opportunities 03/16/2021 HashKey Capital Research Scarlett Xiao *The full text is 13148 words in total. Unauthorized reprinting is prohibited. Please indicate the source for reprinting A bstract NFT is an emerging niche encryption field, which will become moreand more noticeable from 2020.
NFT Indexes Quarterly Report - Q1 2022
This report provides an overview of the insights gathered through the rebalancing of the NFT indexes. Nansen's Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Index's Methodology was first conceptualized in late December 2021 and was later formalized in January 2022.
Utilities [NFT] remains the 3rd segment in regards to active wallets, but remains the bottom of the pack in volume of dollars traded with only $277 million. This segment remains for the moment dominated by domain names and NFTs around the creation of community.
NFT Market Shifting Into New Growth Phase: Report - The Defiant
With every week that goes by it becomes clearer that peak NFT has passed. Or does it? It's true. Google searches for the term "NFTs" are down by almost a third from mid-January. And daily volume on OpenSea has fallen more than 65% since Feb. 1, according to data from DuneAnalytics.
Musicians Are Making Big Money From NFTs. Can They Challenge the Music Industry?
Independent musicians like Daniel Allan are using NFTs to make a living outside of the record label system.
Allan also sells songs individually on the NFT music platform Catalog—which doesn’t require him to surrender the rights to his work. Combined, he says he now makes 85% of his living off NFTs. Hundreds of musicians are following Allan into this world. On Catalog, 140 artists have sold over 350 records for more than $1 million combined.
A Bull Case for Music NFTs: Everything You Need To Know About The Next .WAV Of On-Chain Art - Delphi Digital
DELPHI VENTURES INVESTED IN CATALOG. MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM HOLD NFTs MENTIONED IN THE REPORT . THESE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DISCLOSE ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND SHOULD NOT BE MISCONSTRUED AS A RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE ANY TOKEN. THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON IT.
DAOs acting as labels… experiment with token communities and DAOs to create more intimate connections, but also to crowdsource financing and marketing… label DAOs are promising new institutions for talent development… incubating artists and music businesspeople using the latest web3 tools and community-building strategies.
Virgil Abloh, a longtime collaborator with West, planning an NFT-centric DAO… Audius, ModaDAO, and Metaplex are attempting to bring crypto incentives to music streaming, licensing, and merchandising… Friends With Benefits (FWB) has proven to be a powerful artist community. The popular DAO started a fellowship and benefactor program to support creatives, and grants are run by Pat Lok, an electronic musician whose work has sold on Catalog and Sound.
Taking after the Pleasr model, groups like Noise DAO, which has 1750 ETH pooled, and Morii Music have been quietly acquiring music NFTs… The Avenged Sevenfold’s Deathbats Club (DBC) collection has already generated over 280 ETH in trading volume.
Audio NFTs—in the form of MP3 and WAV files—are a relatively tiny niche compared to JPEGs, where the daily volume on Opensea often tops $100M. In October 2021, Catalog’s volume surged up to $600k, a 13X jump month-over-month that helped push its cumulative sales past $1M.
Sound has onboarded 66 artists for 84 total song releases, generating 432 ETH raised in primary sales ($1,197,587) and 855 ETH traded in secondary volume ($2,369,882). Since artists receive a cut from secondary sales, there’s been 518 ETH in proceeds paid directly to artists ($1,434,586), an impressive figure for launching just four months ago.
A prime example is Daniel Allan, who was able to crowdfund the costs of making an EP with only a few hundred Twitter followers. Allan raised 50 ETH ($140k at the time), more than doubling the fundraising goal on Mirror. Supporters of Allan’s Overstimulated EP got 50% of the future master royalties, which effectively decentralized the typical label advance.
A notable indie case study is Haleek Maul, a Barbados-raised rapper who sold 9 works on Catalog for a combined 133.6 ETH ($299k at the time of writing). Maul’s following on Spotify and Twitter were relatively modest (about 4k monthly streams and 8k Twitter followers)… the median artist on Catalog has 16k monthly Spotify streams and 3300 followers on Twitter.
Using tech from 0xSplits, 20% went to Soulection+, 5% to Joe for curating, 5% to the project’s designer, and the rest was split among the artists in agreed-upon terms. The whole collection sold out almost immediately, raising 33.3 ETH (~$90K) for the artists involved.
Water & Music | $STREAM Season 2
The metaverse might be one of the buzziest and most polarizing concepts in modern technology, let alone in the music industry. On the one hand, investment banks see the metaverse as a $13 trillion market opportunity by 2030 - and music startups are jumping on the bandwagon, raising billions of dollars in venture funding in the last two years.
The Top Music NFT Moments of All Time
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic effectively cut musicians off from all of their primary sources of income. Live shows ended, merchandise sales slowed to a crawl, and the money stopped coming in. The months dragged on, and things didn't get better.
Latashá, an L.A.-based musician who has sold over 50 music and multimedia NFTs, says that the ability of labels to nurture talent from the ground up was already on the wane before the rise of NFTs. “I haven’t connected with a label in years that was fully into developing artists anymore,” she says. “Artists had to before really cultivate numbers on platforms like Instagram, TikTok and Twitter before a label would even look at them. I think it’s important for artists to think about their autonomy.”
ZORA - latasha.eth's NFT Collection
artist. musician. evolutionary. creator of experiences. Founding Tía and Partner of @herstorydao. 💫💗🌱
The NFT Effect on the Music Industry
Music NFTs open up new revenue streams for artists--native music NFT artists and established artists are both exploring new ways to share and sell their work. However, there are still questions that need to be addressed before putting music and record deals on-chain. Let's take a look into how the industry will change due to NFTs.
Music NFT Landscape
Music has a new canvas. NFTs directly value creative work, without input from an intermediary. We're witnessing the early stages of an audio movement - driven by scarcity, fandom and access. This article highlights the Music NFT landscape - providing insights for musicians, managers, labels, agents, fans and collectors alike.
The Rise of Metastars
There's a new wave of artists in town. They're born from web3 and are creating deeper fan relationships through collectible, community-owned experiences. We're talking about metastars - or web3-native artists releasing Music NFTs. We've seen fictitious avatars like the Gorillaz, Daft Punk, and Marshmello.
This Week in Music NFTs - June 13
The market is... not great. As someone who built their career during the bear market of 2018 - I promise there is a world of opportunity ahead. If you're an artist, map out your survival plan. Recognize that it's harder than ever to sell a Music NFT for 0.1 ETH.
Using a three part approach, our goal is to evolve this operation into a self sustained Web3 "record label" that will be completely decentralized.
NFT Media: Writing NFTs
Most NFT media forms are figuring out the optimal way to monetize their respective intellectual property. One new NFT category is writing NFTs, pioneered by the Mirror platform. Writing NFTs are a very early niche, with fewer than 734 writers and only $60,000 in NFT volume, most of which has been generated by a few essays.
Writing NFTs are a very early niche, with fewer than 734 writers and only $60,000 in NFT volume, most of which has been generated by a few essays. While most individuals often first think of Mirror’s publishing platform, its crowdfunding aspect is more successful, having facilitated over 10,000 ETH in fundraising across nearly 17,000 buyers.
Introducing Writing NFTs
Before Ethereum was code, it was a piece of writing. A year prior to Ethereum's launch in 2015, Vitalik Buterin published a whitepaper that laid out his vision for the project. Like Satoshi before him, Vitalik's whitepaper served as a call to action that inspired a group of believers to help bring his ideas to fruition.
Blockchain ecosystem analytics by and for the community. Explore and share data from Ethereum, xDai, Polygon, Optimism, BSC and Solana for free.
Web3 is now too large and the stakes are too high to launch on the Ethereum mainnet. The Ethereum roadmap pivoted in 2020 to focus on supporting L2 protocols as the primary scaling strategy. Optimistic Rollups are a type of L2, and are production-ready today.
"Come for the tool, stay for the network" is a classic strategy for bootstrapping social networks. It aimed to solve a hard problem: how do you convince people to join your social network when there's nobody else to socialize with? One approach is to build a single-player tool that gets people to use the product.
Social Tokens: From Tokenized Things to Tokenized People
Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of Rolling Stone editors or publishers. It's no secret that much of blockchain's rise to prominence in 2021 had to do with non-fungible tokens (NFTs) - an acronym that most people, particularly reporters, are exhausted from reading about.
CoinDesk: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Crypto News and Price Data
VeeFriends: A Ticket to The Vee Land
As NFTs continue to gain adoption, influencers and celebrities are beginning to experiment with how they can be utilized. Gary Vaynerchuk - more commonly referred to as GaryVee - is now entering the crypto industry with his new NFT project - VeeFriends.
As vibrant and as dynamic as the creators and communities they support, the tools of the social token landscape are expanding at a breakneck pace. Together, they form a rich constellation of apps, platforms, and protocols, many of which possess an integration or nuance that encourage social token-based projects to easily customize their tech stacks.
Most very powerful items in the game are soulbound, and typically require completing a complicated quest or killing a very powerful monster, usually with the help of anywhere from four to thirty nine other players.
Where to use a blockchain in non-financial applications?
It's worth zooming out and asking a broader question: where does it make sense, in general, to use a blockchain in non-financial applications? Should we move toward a world where even decentralized chat apps work by every message being an on-chain transaction containing the encrypted message?
Metagame Phase 2: Human Readable Web3 Activity
Since November we've released 3 earned NFTs that showcase the emergent power of using historical on-chain data to generate unique and user-specific art and attributes. The support from the community (AKA Crypto Twitter) has blown me away - so many people tweeting out their Birthblocks, Token Gardens, and Heartbeats.
A Technical Commentary on DeSoc: Part I
Introduction The latest publication from Microsoft's Glen Weyl, Flashbots' Puja Ohlhaver, and Vitalik Buterin, on decentralized society (or DeSoc), has made waves in the crypto community. Some have even associated it with the potential launch of the next "DeFi/NFT summer".
Modified Sharding (SBT-based). The second solution puts credentials on-chain (e.g. in the form of SBTs), but instead it leverages sharding to increase scalability and reduce overhead. Basically, different sets of credentials are managed under shards maintained by a network of verified/permissioned issuers, with each subset taking care of the state changes of credentials within itself. Each shard comes to consensus on its state and produces a Merkle root signed by a quorum of shard validators. Then, the beacon chain combines the shard roots into a beacon root as settlement.
The benefit of this design relies on the limited requirement of cross-shard communications, as most credentials are simply non-transferable. Thus, there’s no need for accounts to try and find Merkle paths to a transaction in the source shard atomically. Of course, this would require a very careful design for the specific domains each shard should take care of to minimize such communication.
This design aligns with the direction Ethereum is currently moving toward, so it might also be interesting to explore. The privacy issue can be somewhat addressed if a subset of shards is implemented with additional trust assumptions (e.g. with trusted hardware, or a specific set of zk sigma protocols/commitment schemes like Aztec11). This would require different shards to have different properties, though (similar to phase 1/2 sharding for Eth, when some shards can handle code execution while others serve as availability engines). The cross-chain interoperability issue might be harder to tackle here, as bridging would still be a necessity.
The Open Social Map
Macroeconomic factors are pushing users to high-revenue, uncensorable social platforms. Open Social ecosystems are competitively favored relative to closed-source social platforms. Creator revenues and reputation features can provide DeFi ecosystems much-needed inflows decoupled from speculation. Crypto isn't a financial tool, it's a social tool.
Polygon ID x Polygon DAO Integration Launches to Create New ZK-based Governance Frameworks - Polygon | Blog
Today, we're launching the first iteration of Polygon ID - a private and self-sovereign identity solution powered by zero-knowledge cryptography. To start, Polygon ID enables a whole host of features previously inaccessible to DAOs. It will be integrated with Polygon DAO beginning today, and many more DAOs to come soon.
Blue Metaverse: Apes Games, Social Tokens, Digital Festivals
Below is our talk at ONE Event during NFT.LA 2022, showcasing demos and roadmap of Harmony's Blue Metaverse.
GameFi Monetization: A Framework for Redefining Play-to-Earn
Today's traditional gaming industry monetizes through social (assets with social value) and utility (assets with in-game value). There are apparent flaws in the play-to-earn (P2E) gaming model, primarily that P2E creates a pay-to-win game dynamic and requires significant upfront investment prohibiting more players from participating.
Blockchains: Changing the Game
The following report was commissioned by Forte, a member of Messari Hub. For additional information, please see the disclaimers following the article. The landscape of blockchain-based gaming is rapidly expanding behind the rise of NFTs and in-game currencies. Its growth can be seen as a continuation of a multi-decade iteration across monetization strategies and business models.
State of Decentral Games Q1 2022
If the metaverse is defined by anything, it's by a surplus of ideas and a shortage of users. As many metaverses struggle to bring in daily users, Decentral Games and its ICE Poker stand out for having thousands. Read on to find out what's driving people to the game in our Q1 2022 Decentral Games quarterly report.
The dawn of product market fit for crypto games and NFTs
Many adults, teenagers, and kids spend a significant amount of time gaming, either on their own or with their friends. These games have quests, skills to train, player tournaments, and sometimes an entire economy (e.g. World of Warcraft).
GDC (Game Developer Conference)
Harmony is hosting developers at GDC to build - towards 100 game DAOs and digital festivals - in our Blue Metaverse.
The Collegiate Athlete Creator Economy
Recently, UCLA basketball player Jaylen Clark became the first NCAA athlete to launch his own social token, $JROCK. The collegiate athlete also boasts a strong social media following with over 22,000 subscribers on Youtube. The UCLA guard issued his social token on Rally, a social token issuance platform that supports the creation of "creator coins".
Fan Controlled Football Raises $40 Million Series A Led by Animoca Brands and Delphi Digital - Cosmoverse
Los Angeles, United States, 12th January, 2022, Chainwire Funding to Propel Continued Growth and Expansion of FCF for Seasons v2.0 & v3.0 Bored Ape Yacht Club and Gutter Cat Gang Communities Join the League as the Final Two Expansion Teams Fan Controlled Football (FCF) , the only professional sports league that empowers fans to [...]
NFTs and NILs: 4 Considerations for Athletic Departments as New Opportunities for Athletes Explode | JD Supra
Name, image, and likeness (NIL) legislation for college athletes has changed the landscape for college athletic departments and conferences alike, allowing student-athletes to receive compensation on their own personal brand. Adding to the host of new and unique compliance obligations is the meteoric rise of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) as a popular new way for student-athletes to connect with their fans.
NFT & Verified Social Athlete Token Platform | Blockasset - Blockasset
Over time, the staking and trading liquidity from athlete pre-sales remove BLOCK from the open market as they are locked in a pair with the athlete tokens forever. Once athlete tokens are live, any BLOCK tokens swapped for athlete tokens are locked away until sold.
A Practical Guide to NFT Memberships for Creators
In 2021, Chris Dixon wrote about how creators can use NFTs to their "1,000 true fans." Since then, NFT use-cases have multiplied. Case in point: The rise of NFT memberships, which require fans to hold a specific NFT to join a private community and enjoy its perks.
The Ownership Economy 2022 - Variant
A primer on the state of web3 By Li Jin, Geoff Hamilton, Jesse Walden, Spencer Noon, Derek Walkush and Medha Kothari Thirty years into the development of the world wide web, a handful of companies control most user attention and advertising revenue, with closed ecosystems that hold back innovation by independent developers.
The Financial Times and Chainalysis estimated that there were 360,000 owners of NFTs as of 2021. Beyond that, there are tens of millions of users of cryptonetworks. Metamask, a wallet that is used to connect to decentralized applications, recently announced that it had 32 million monthly active users as of February 2022, and Phantom (a wallet currently focused on Solana) announced monthly active users of 2 million in January 2022. In the fourth quarter of 2021, Ethereum had monthly average transactional users of about 6 million and daily active transactional users of about 400,000. From a multi-chain perspective, there were approximately 2.5 million average daily active users interacting with the smart contracts tracked by DappRadar. As a rough approximation, if we extrapolate these 2.5 million daily users to calculate monthly users using Ethereum’s DAU/MAU ratio of 0.06, we could estimate MAU of 39 million across the 29 networks covered by DappRadar’s data.
How NFTs could Change the Future of Photojournalism
NFT marketplaces take between 2-15% of each transaction on their platforms while stock media sites take up to 85% of each sale. It is common for creators to make pennies for selling media content on stock platforms; however, publishers like CNN and NBC are willing to pay individuals as much as $35,000 for video clips of a single event.
The Overlooked Levels of the Creator Economy
It seems like everyone today is a creator - whether artist, developer, or other individuals following their craft - yet the creator economy still has room to grow. Despite being a multibillion-dollar market fueled by over people, this movement is much deeper than its monetization platforms, and bigger than the small percentage of people who are able to make a living off their creative work.
1,000 True Fans? Try 100
More than a decade ago, editor Kevin Kelly wrote an essay called " 1,000 True Fans ," predicting that the internet would allow large swaths of people to make a living off their creations, whether an artist, musician, author, or entrepreneur.
The Digital Land Debate
Since Decentraland's ICO in August 2017, virtual worlds have been widely discussed as a potential application within the metaverse, generating over $500 million in cumulative NFT sales. And like most topics in crypto, the topic of scarce, digital land is hotly debated.
Web3's Role in The Metaverse
"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative. It gets the people going." - Chazz Michael Michaels The Metaverse still remains an amorphous term with no clear definition, although that hasn't stopped notable individuals or entities from trying their best.
The State of The Sandbox Q4 2021
The following report was commissioned by The Sandbox, a member of Messari Hub. For additional information, please see the disclaimers following the article. If you would like to view the real-time dashboard that was used in the making of this article, check out our The Sandbox Macro Financial Statements dashboard on Dune Analytics.
Get access to the most in-depth research platform dedicated to crypto & digital assets.
Blue Metaverse & 10,000 DAO & ZK Scholars
Below is our keynote at Ethereum Denver 2022, announcing Harmony's Blue Metaverse and committing to funding ten thousands DAOs and scholars on zero-knowledge proofs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0QT1kiYpUk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8YrwOBz50 harmony-keynote-eth-denver.pdf keynote-final-stse Harmony in 2026: Scaling Web3 via ZKP & DAO 100 DAOs & Cross-Chain Web3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3SI4RV_DA 💙 Good morning, everyone.
Blue Metaverse: March 2022 Demo
WebXR will be the most accessible Metaverse for 10m users this year. Spatial audio (like Her, Scarlett Johansson's 2013 film) and 4K projectors (200-inch ultra-short throw) are the best immersive yet versatile experience now. Let's ship a Airpods Max and a mobile projector for 20 persons to host a 3-hour gathering - dancing with drum and bass, or storytelling around digital fire?
A Primer on ENS: More Than Domain Names
Blockchains inherently make for great asset registries and one of the largest digitally native assets are domain names. Domain names are digital assets that map IP addresses to more human-readable names (e.g. 188.8.131.52 to Messari.io). As one of the first native digital assets, domain names, it's no surprise that various projects have tried to bridge internet domain names on blockchains since the inception of Bitcoin.
ENS: Decentralized Domains - Delphi Digital
If you're reading this post, then you've already interacted with and used the internet's Domain Name System (DNS). The DNS is, in it's purest form, a The Ethereum Name Service (ENS) provides a blockchain alternative to the traditional Domain Name Service (DNS). Is the ENS's implementation truly as robust and decentralized as an offering as is being advertised?
Blockchain ecosystem analytics by and for the community. Explore and share data from Ethereum, xDai, Polygon, Optimism, BSC and Solana for free.
Blockchain ecosystem analytics by and for the community. Explore and share data from Ethereum, xDai, Polygon, Optimism, BSC and Solana for free.
100 DAOs and Top-Level Domain .country
Since our announcement in August, Harmony has already started tens of DAOs. Decentralized autonomous organizations, or what I call on-chain clubs with assets and actions , are the future of work. People stake with tokens to join a club, poll together assets and drive actions together - all on blockchains with open development and immutable contracts.
Oh, big news to announce – Harmony recently purchased the .country Internet Top-Level Domain (TLD)! We will bridge Domain Name Service (DNS) and Ethereum Name Service (ENS). Moreover, we will cross over Web2 to Web3 with all of your identities and activities.
Billions of Internet devices and users are still connected via numeric addresses, unencrypted protocols, or centralized services. On the other hand, trillions of assets and collectibles are already innovating on cryptographic keys, smart contracts, and decentralized governance. How to marry the two worlds? With .country, Harmony will facilitate integrations both across Internet-Crypto domains and across multiple blockchains.
Harmony Community Launches Crazy.ONE, The First subdomain NFT
Today, the Harmony community is launching the first of its kind subdomain NFT on the Harmony blockchain. These will be live internet domains and each one is unique and non-fungible by design. The Harmony Foundation owns the crazy.one domain name and we are giving the community the ability to
Financialization: DeFi + NFT
NFTX: Enhancing NFT Liquidity
Increasing NFT liquidity continues to be an important piece of core infrastructure. One of the longstanding players in NFT liquidity space is NFTX. While our recent report discusses NFTX amidst the various other NFT financialization protocols, let's dive deeper into NFTX. NFTX is a marketplace and liquidity protocol that facilitates buying and selling of NFTs.
The Financialization of NFTs
Similar to assets within DeFi, non-fungible tokens require similar primitives like lending, liquidity, and asset management, an area that is currently being built on. Additionally, while the fundamental value proposition for NFTs lies within their uniqueness, fungibility is important for increasing liquidity and the financialization of NFTs.
Fiat Onramp & Simplified Staking
By @Giv Parvaneh - To be reviewed by - Earning staking rewards is a majorly underutilized feature that is akin to a basic income product. Yet, the current onboarding process is far from straightforward. Users first need to purchase ONE tokens, discover the staking dashboard, and understand how validators and delegations work before being able to take advantage of a healthy 8%-10% in rewards.
Storage for NFT
The Storage Layer & The Importance of Metadata
Blockchains like Ethereum are great at replicating a small amount of data on hundreds (if not millions) of computers across the world, but they're often limited in the amount of on-chain storage capacity. Because not every part of the NFT is suitable to be stored on-chain, NFTs often leverage other immutable storage solutions for their metadata.
Analyst Notes: BAYC Chain, NFT Value Accrual, and The Otherside
Amidst the exuberant demand for BAYC land - Otherside NFTs - Yuga Labs has proposed that ApeCoin will need its own blockchain, Layer-2/subnet, or other sidechain solution. Messari analysts examine the consequences of Yuga Labs launching a scaling solution and its effect on the value accrual of other assets within the BAYC ecosystem.
Understanding Virality's Role in NFT Communities
The value of an NFT community can be evaluated by measuring the virality of its narratives. An NFTs brand and community are the same, as narratives chosen by the community define the brand - in doing so, the community defines the brand's value.
Hats Protocol: DAO Role NFTs | Grants
What is Hats Protocol? Hats is a protocol for DAO-native role tokens. It empowers DAOs to issue and revoke credentials in the form of ERC1155s that enable composable and role-based delegation of authorities and responsibilities. The Problem Governance by consensus is limited, so to get many things done DAOs need to delegate certain authorities and responsibilities to individual contributors or working groups.
Aku, The Moon God & The New Age of Web3 Media - Delphi Digital
APR 06, 2022 * 17 Min Read DISCLOSURE: DELPHI VENTURES HAS INVESTED IN AKU AND SOME MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM OWN AKU NFTS. THESE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DISCLOSE ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND SHOULD NOT BE MISCONSTRUED AS A RECOMMENDATION TO PURCHASE ANY TOKEN.
Follow, analyze, and participate in DAO governance. Explore the most complete list of DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations)and DAO tools. Vote and Delegate.
100 DAOs & Cross-Chain Web3
Morning, everyone. First, I'd like to welcome the industry leaders and our ecosystem partners joining us today. What a great year for Web3 and Harmony! Not only did DeFi products find the billion-dollar market fit, NFT is now a household word.
Feature release: Delayed reveal NFTs
Published on: February 15, 2022 We're announcing the relase of 'delayed-reveal' NFTs - one of the most requested features by thirdweb users. Using 'delayed-reveal' NFTs, you can distribute NFTs to your audience and reveal the contents of the distributed NFTs, after the fact.
adidas Originals: our future started here
Supply: 3510 ] For those of you in search of new playgrounds where possibilities are limitless, we invite you to join us as we voyage into the Metaverse. This digital collectible is our way of rewarding you for following your curiosity as we explore this new age of originality together.
Pmarchive · The only thing that matters
This post is all about the only thing that matters for a new startup. But first, some theory: If you look at a broad cross-section of startups-say, 30 or 40 or more; enough to screen out the pure flukes and look for patterns-two obvious facts will jump out at you.
Written by Sam Altman · Illustrated by Gregory Koberger · Spanish translation We spend a lot of time advising startups. Though one-on-one advice will always be crucial, we thought it might help us scale Y Combinator if we could distill the most generalizable parts of this advice into a sort of playbook we could give YC and YC Fellowship companies.
The Real Product Market Fit: Product Market Fit | Y Combinator
Founders often believe they've found product/market fit when they haven't. This is a huge problem because they start hiring people, increasing burn, and optimizing their product before they've actually discovered what needs to be built. Here's a way to understand when you've really found product/market fit.
YC's Essential Startup Advice: Becoming a Founder, Early Stage, Talking to Users | Y Combinator
A lot of the advice we give startups is tactical; meant to be helpful on a day to day or week to week basis. But some advice is more fundamental. We've collected here what we at YC consider the most important, most transformative advice for startups.
Burner Wallets & BuffiDAOs: ETHDenver 2020 Recap
It's been a little over a month since ETHDenver (although it feels like a lifetime ago). For this years event, the Ethereum community came together to build a wild, ambitious Burner Wallet for all attendees to use. Some parts worked, some had issues. Here's the story of how it all went down.
Solana Pay x Atlas Cafe Takeover
UPDATE: We have a new date for this event due to unforeseen circumstances. We're now taking over Atlas Cafe on Thursday, May 5, and look forward to seeing you then! - - The evolution of payments continues! Join the Solana Pay team in San Francisco's Mission District to experience web3 commerce for yourself.
Alchemy Pay - Bridging The Crypto and Fiat Global Economies
Alchemy Pay is the pioneer of the world's first hybrid payment system that bridges the crypto and fiat economies. See Alchemy Pay in action here.