Ganesha Upadhyaya builds scalable tools for mobile, IOT/cloud, and distributed systems. At Huawei, he developed a language, codegen compiler, and runtime for IoT end-to-end applications, winning a company-wide award. He published over a dozen papers at top-tier conferences and journals, such as International Conference on Software Engineering, and Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications.
Ganesha holds a Master’s and PhD from Iowa State University and is a recipient of John Vincent Atanasoff award for outstanding research contribution. He enjoys playing professional cricket and cooking delicious vegetarian meals.
June 2022 Deliverables
- Trustless Ethereum Bridge Launch Prep
- Bitcoin Bridge Staking Launch Prep
- Bitcoin Bridge Feature Release
April 2022 Deliverables
Mar 2022 Deliverables
- Bitcoin bridge bug fixes & feature release
- Bitcoin bridge vault incentive revision & distribution
- Trustless horizon bridge code completion
Feb 2022 Deliverables
- Bitcoin bridge launch
- Trustless ethereum bridge launch
- Release of specification & libraries for developers, bridge incentives expansion for sustained growth for both bridges
Jan 2022 Deliverables
- Bitcoin bridge launch, release of specification & libraries for developers, bridge incentives expansion for sustained growth
- Trustless ethereum bridge launch, release of specification & library for developers, bridge incentives
- Release OneAnchor & staking derivatives w/ Boris
RJ: Ganesha as the owner for Bitcoin bridge has done a great job planning and coordinating the development and launch of it, including the vault program and all related documentation, partner involvement etc. He also helped a lot on partner technical support and the testing of staking precompile, which showed his breadth of impact.
Q4, 2021 Plans
- Monthly Deliverables: 2021 Oct
- Finish trustless eth bridge implementation, testing, audit fixes to get it product ready
- Finish BTC bridge implementation, testing, audit fixes to get it product ready
- Prototyping 1anchor w/ boris & onelido w/ jacky [proposal]
- Quarterly Milestones: 2021 Q4
- Trustless eth & btc bridge launch
- 1anchor & onelido launch w/ boris,jacky
- Paternity time off
- Yearly Planning: 2022 Q1 - Q3
Past 6-Month Achievements
- Trustless eth & btc bridge; horizon enhancements & support
- NFT support contracts, deflationary tokens, external validators
- 10-20 tickets/day
- Ecosystem development & partner technical support
- Dev tooling, docs, bounties
- 1m hackathon initial prep & boiler plating apps
- Aave, curve, btp/ibriz, yearn, chainlink, sushi, lkura, anyswap, spacemisfits, ledger, webb, terra, ...
- Project planning & more
zk-lightclient for harmony
Zero-knowledge Harmony LightClient Proposal Why? Harmony's light client based on epoch blocks (described below) still requires downloading all the epoch blocks from genesis and verifying BLS aggregated signatures. Epoch block based lightclient Download the genesis block committee Download all...
Cryptography for stateless and privacy
WIP] Road to privacy on Harmony What is privacy? Privacy = confidentiality (hiding payment amounts) + anonymity (hiding the identities of senders and recipients) Why privacy? Anyone can track your financial activity on-chain; swapping, transacting, voting, lending, borrowing, and more May ca...
- Optimize BTC Bridge contracts to reduce the contract size within 24kb limit
- Fix audit bugs reported by audit firm
- Fix TODOs and pending vault liquidating logic
- Spin up multiple internal vaults
- Prep Harmony lightclient specs & ed25519 precompile for cosmos bridge
- Bitcoin bridge launch planning and remaining task assignments
- Review internal audit comments on trustless horizon and created key issues to resolve (blockers). Due to resource requirements for bitcoin bridge, horizon work will be stalled for next couple of weeks. More info here.
- Review crosschain NFT PRs
- https://bridge.harmony.one customer support during RPC outages (25-50 emails/day)
- Review BTC Bridge contracts, chainlink price feed integration, contract upgradability, governance update to bridge parameters
- Internal audit fixes for trustless ETH Bridge & eth chain reorg fix to ethereum light client
- Review HRC1155 support PR