Peter Abilla has been a marketing and growth leader for several leading blockchain projects including Oasis, ThunderCore and Mainframe. Previously he held leadership roles in operations at eBay and Amazon. He previously founded an online tutoring marketplace which he grew from zero tutors to over 120,000 tutors before it was acquired by nerdy.com, an affiliate of the largest tutoring company in the world. He has been quoted by Clayton Christensen on innovation and O’Reilly Media on consumer experience and his work on queueing theory has been used at the world's leading business schools such as Harvard Business School and University of Virginia's Darden School of Business. Peter holds a Master’s in operations research from The University of Chicago and a Bachelor’s in Philosophy and Mathematics from Brigham Young University. He's a practicing stoic and even named his youngest son Aurelius. Not a day goes by that Peter does not envy his son's name.
- close 3 gaming/gamefi partnerships
- Gantt chart of all game/gamefi and their status
- Reach agreement on P and U
High-level goal: Only engage in activities and produce work product that will 10x Harmony’s growth in 12 months. FOCUS.
- Create a differentiated, compelling offering targeting the gaming/gamefi vertical and game developers.
- Follow-up and close on relationships and deals made at GDC. After I review, I can be more specific with which projects and teams.
- Company 1: BW
- Company 2: GM
- Company 3: OP
- Company 4: XY Partnership Pending, KRL Approved
- Company 5: Manu (maybe)
- Company 6: POQ
- Company 7: STDST
- Company 8: See Evan H for W
- Company 9: Black
- Company 10: Artemis Approved 4/4/2022
- Company 11: Sadd
- Company 12: F2
- Company 13: xyz
- Company 14: LofA
- Company 15: 5x5
- Person 1: RG
- Private List Here https://www.notion.so/harmonyone/GDC-Partners-PRIVATE-4257ba72283147ec91f1b91b94a13208
- PQ Agreement
- Develop project plan for 88 Rising project
- Coordinate with @Sam Harrison on Africa initiatives
- Get at least 1 onboarding partner for 1BTC Bridge and investigate BTC Miami
- Plan GDC, NFT LA events
- Continue to find the next 3 DFK’s on Harmony
- Follow-up from ETHDenver
- OKCoin dinner in Salt Lake City and begin conversations (Kratos, don’t read too much into this)
- Deliver on DFK Passport campaign for ETHDenver
- Work with Anders
- Begin market research and conversations with Blizzard, Epic, Rockstar, Ubisoft, EA
- Support BTC Bridge launch
- Continue to support grants program
- Better mentor Daniel, Wolf, and Abhi
- Resurrect and lead the bizdev meetings, with focus and urgency
- Resurrect marketing calendar meetings, with focus and urgency
🎽 li: great to have peter driving our initiatives on gaming and nfts. i look forward to peter leading and organizing our team level business development execution. we discussed having a weekly check-in for the team so i hope peter can think about how to marshall and coordinate the team on this. meets expectations.
- Monthly Deliverables: 2021 Oct
- Helped Wolf organize, structure, and plan more community engagement events via this planning doc.
- Hire and onboard ___ and finalize goals with him
- Hire and onboard Abhi, establish goals for digital marketing, content
- chainlink on mainnet, including promotion plan
- plan go-to-market for BTC Bridge including launch partner.
- build relationship with DeFi Kingdoms (having lunch with founder week of Oct 25). plan potential ways to help them grow
- Tranquil Finance - help with go-to-market
- Developer Marketing:
- Sponsor Chainlink Hackathon
- Plan geo-focused developer marketing
- Quarterly Milestones: 2021 Q4
- Community: Help plan and strategize Harmony Ambassador program, local in-person meetups, and content/training material for meetups.
- Establish VC partners ready to hear pitches from projects building on Harmony
- Work with OKCoin on listing and co-marketing opportunities
- Developer Marketing: Assist Sam on the hackathon developer DAOs. Define strategy for to grow developer pipeline with a Geo angle
- Yearly Planning: 2022 Q1 - Q3
- Community: Steady cadence of in-person meetups in top 100 cities
- Partnerships: Sponsor Yield Guild/Axie conference in Cebu City Philippines
- Developer Marketing: Execute on geo-strategy in partnership with Ambassador program
Achievements in 2021 Q2-Q3
- Successfully planned and executed the TradFi to DeFi Hackathon.
- 1764 registrants > 104 submissions > 36 Qualified > 23 winners
- 35 fireside chats, talks, panels, workshops
- 27 videos, 50 speakers, 14 hours of content
- Planned and successfully completed ONE Love, Round Two:
- 13 out of 26 bounties completed.
- Hackmoney sponsorship
- Encode Hackathon
- Public Relations:
- Sourced and secured coverage of /300 from The Defiant and Coindesk
- Secured interview between TastyTrade and Stephen
- Stephen interviewed by Charlie Shrem, Scott Melker
- Speaking spot at Chainlink Smartcon for Stephen
- MarketAcross Content Distribution
- Coverage on 48 unique outlets
- Sushi - negotiated, launched, managed
- Tenderly Developer Tools
- Stephen Tse advisory board at University of Wyoming
- Made key introductions and began conversations with Unslashed Finance, Tally (for DAO governance), The Graph, Frax, Yearn, Bancor, Terra, Dinoswap, Paraswap, Kyber, Lambda School, growing our business development pipeline with top-tier projects.
Oct 24 - Oct 31
- Lunch with Frisky Fox from DeFi Kingdoms. Discussed how Harmony can help them get to $1B TVL and 1M DAUs.
- Met with Unslashed Finance and discussed integration plans and next steps.
- Met with David Steinrueck at Chainlink to plan the go-to-market promotion for the mainnet launch. Reviewing blog post now.
- Met with the Olympus Treasury team to discuss our decentralized BTC bridge and how 1BTC could be an option for their treasury.
- Worked with DappRadar to publish a blog post spotlight for DefiKingdom.
- Worked with Abhi to do an audit of our mailchimp signup flow. He is now making improvements.
- Collaborated with Tranquil Finance on their go-to-market for their lending platform.
- Worked with Giv and Ganesha on the BTC Bridge go-to-market
- Started discussions with Plaid for a fiat on-ramp collaboration.
- Chainlink Hackathon support - provided welcome video and challenge explanations.
- With Giv and Jack, met with Tango and Dreamer at DefiKingdoms to discuss how we can get them to $1B in TVL and $1M DAU.
Grant Operations Pipeline - Peter Abilla
Updated as of 4/19/2022
Approved Grants - Peter Abilla
Update As of dd/mm/yyyy
Estimated Mainnet Launch Date
Milestone Payouts and Dates
Ready Player DAO (previously LGG)
Rebranded to Ready Player DAO. Closed seed funding 4/12/20222
Kart Racing League
Focused on Korean market