Next Milestone Date
February 14, 2022
Leo ChenJack ChanNita Neou (Soph)
- leader rotation - tentative
- additional rewards to leaders - tentative
- make 100% externalization proposals
- vote on the proposal
- publish leader requirements & nominate new leaders
- allowlist leaders
- dedicated DNS nodes
- remove internal nodes and 100% external nodes
- open up 1,000 external nodes
- 11/23: researching on leader rotation algorithm and design
- 11/22: we are not going to implement the allow list feature at the moment, based on the comments from RJ.
- 11/15: will have allowlist design and prerequisite ready this week;
- 11/08: working on allowlist design, to roll out decentralized nodes in various stages, starting with 1 shard, and reduced slots per validator nodes.
- 10/18: The mainnet upgrade to v4.3.0 was successful. Now harmony mainnet is running with 900 external slots and 51% of the external voting power.
- proposal to allowlist external leader: https://talk.harmony.one/t/hip-18-allowlist-for-external-leaders/4329
- proposal to have 100% external nodes and voting power: https://talk.harmony.one/t/hip-19-100-external-voting-power-and-100-external-slots/4330
- 10/11: https://github.com/harmony-one/harmony/releases/tag/v4.3.0
- As of 2PM UTC on Monday 11, 87% of the network has been upgraded to v4.3.0 with for individual shard % varying between 79% (S0) and 92% (S2), this should be enough to move ahead with the hard fork
- 10/06: https://github.com/harmony-one/harmony/releases/tag/v4.3.0
- This release enables 900 external nodes and 51% of external voting power
- Will be enabled on mainnet Epoch 725 (Around Mon Oct 11 2021, 19:00 UTC)
- 09/28: https://github.com/harmony-one/harmony/pull/3886
100% Voting Power for external validators to own upgrades and governance.
Services for community to own dashboards, API, monitors and wallets.
Build software better, together
You can't perform that action at this time. You signed in with another tab or window. You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session. Reload to refresh your session.