This page is for Harmony team members to propose event attendance and planning for and by the Harmony team.
Please refer all external event and sponsorship proposals to:
Event Name: ETH Barcelona
Date: 6 - 8th July Location: Barcelona Website: https://ethbarcelona.com/ Proposed by (team lead): Juan and Ed
Please describe the event: ETHBarcelona is an experience for builders, leaders, thinkers, and creators that celebrates the community and its values.
Barcelona is positioning itself as a key hub in the European blockchain ecosystem. Indeed, the Catalan capital is home to a thriving blockchain ecosystem, led by key organizations such as the Catalan Dao,top universities such as the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-home of a leading european blockchain program and a blockchain-friendly Catalan government. Eth Barcelona thus represents an opportunity for Harmony to develop a strong presence in the Catalan, Spanish and European ecosystems, from which it can continue growing its continental presence. At a time of increased competition, it is becoming necessary to reinforce Harmony’s presence as a L1 and L2 investment alternative.
Barcelona is poised to become the most important eth conferences in Europe. The city has been traditionally a hub for technology events after the Mobile Word Congress became a most important event in mobile technologies in the mid 2000's and it attracted other high profile events such as IoT Solutions World Congress (the biggest IoT event,) and Smart City Expo (also the most important event in Smart Cities.)
This not only have given Barcelona one of the best events infrastructures in Europe, but—more importantly—has made it a beacon for entrepreneurs, creators, companies, etc. that naturally wayfare to the city when a high profile event happens in la Ciudad Condal. Hence, conferences always bring the right audience: the ones that will attend from Europe and the rest of the world and the bustling local ecosystem (Barcelona is the 5th city in Europe to be an entrepreneur according to EU-Startups)
From Harmony's perspective, as we look to create an European foothold in the Iberic Peninsula -and Southern Europe, it's almost mandatory that we cater such an important hub, a strong presence there will allow us to directly target the builders/dev community in Spain, southern France, Catalunya and the rest of Europe, while also catering to the Latam community that naturally gravitates to Spain.
We propose to reinforce Harmony’s presence in two stages. The first and urgent stage is to secure funding as a Bronze sponsor for EthBarcelona (USD 10.000). The deadline for the payment is 22 April. In other words, if payment is not made by that date, the possibility of funding the event will depend on an open bid system, which will almost certainly raise the funding price.
Team members to attend: tbd, but will include: Juan, José, Cristiano, Eduard, Boris, etc.
How will this event benefit the ecosystem?
- Unexplored Community
- Local DAO’s
- Local Universities
- Local community is inexistent and so powerful
- International community & relationship
How will you onboard builders at this event?
Once we have secured funding for the first stage, we will focus on organizing a series of side events that focus on engaging the local and regional ecosystem. Harmony’s activities will start the 4th of July with a full-day event that will include NFT workshops with local artists, 1wallet, zk university, showcase of cryptogames deployed on Harmony, etc. Particular attention will be paid to ensure that conversations go two-ways (conversations, not only presentations). The team will also work towards organizing private meetings with industry leaders.
Sponsorship options (and preference):
USD 150.000 - Diamond
USD 80.000 - Gold Sponsor
USD 30.000 - Silver
USD 10.000 - Bronze (Preference)
Please fill out this budget proposal:
3 rooms 3 nights for 5 Harmony team -core and contributors
Additional Ticketed Events
Promotional Materials Other
Social Media Paid Promotions
Bronze Sponsor in Eth Barcelona
Additional Food Orders
Talk Forum Sponsored
Event Team Sponsored (not active starting 4/15/2022)
1 Day Harmony Event in Barcelona
In filling out this proposal, you are proposing yourself as team lead. team lead = communication is key
The Avengers team will review and respond with a status of the proposal within 7 days. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our team for questions:
- Matty - coordinate with team lead to ensure sponsorships, run of show, team management are executed according to guidelines
- Project Manager - point of contact for team lead - run of show, culture plays, building out events, ensuring event day runs smoothly
- Adrian - ensures team executes branding (physical and virtual), merch, booth presence, signage according to vision. Provides all materials necessary for team to execute, work with Danny to ensure each event is staffed with content team presence
- Danny/Eilam - provides ground team with content direction, ensures team can execute content creation for content team to have something to work with (photos, videos, etc) - with consideration to their staffing/skill sets - liaison between ‘on the ground’ team and marketing team to execute creative storytelling, work with Adrian to ensure each event is staffed with content team presence
- Essa - ensures team executes logistics according to guidelines - logistics for hotel, travel, reimbursements, budget, etc.
- Noura - work w/team lead to facilitate sponsorship, ensures team can execute speaking engagements/workshops/panels (making sure logistics, materials, etc are organized/provided to each speaker), create content for panels, speaking points, presenter outreach (crafting/creating meaningful conversations)
- Devin - ensures workshops, realistic creativity, and metrics elevate the Harmony brand message, ethos, builders
- PJ - lead in tier 3 events, ensures team integrates into local and international culture with additional consideration to health and safety protocols (vaccination cards, passports, etc), confirms attendees
- *Amy/Novell (only if we are bringing scholars) - scholar program. If scholars are to be sponsored, will be managed by Amy/Novell
Note: it is expected that DAO scholars will be funded by the DAOs themselves.